I didn't plan on being away from the blog so long. We went out of town for Thanksgiving week but I even brought the laptop thinking I'd keep in touch. Unfortunately, I kept getting lulled into another nap by too much Southern home cooking. But we're home now and it's back to the grindstone, or at least the To-Do List.
November and the ever-so-slightly cooler weather brought out the little elf in me and I've been busy-busy planning warm and filling Mexican suppers (pork green chili, homemade refried black beans, tinga de pollo), weaving love and yarn together, making things for friends, preparing for Advent. Oh, and watching the first season of Dexter--so good!
On my swiftly departing November To-Do List:
1. Crochet garlands: in progress. With new yarn come new dreams. Get the best cotton ever and my new favorite yarn here.
2. Finishing Soren's scarf from last year: DONE. Before starting any other knit or crochet projects I had to finish a promised gift from a year ago. Both kids got to pick out yarn for their own hand knit by Momma scarves. Unfortunately, Soren's got interrupted by Spring's too warm and not in the mood for knitting weather.
3. Patchwork apron: DONE. One day's desire for playing with patchwork turned into a new apron for my bff. I need to get her to model it for you--super cute and perfect for cool weather baking--hint, hint!
4. More patchwork projects: in progress. The apron just opened up the door for all kinds of new sewing projects to come.
5. Maisey's winter wardrobe: DONE and in progress. My children, especially Maisey, are looking like street urchins lately. Poor Maisey has no Winter clothes that fit so I've been scouring the thrift stores to stock up. I found lots of cute shirts and thought I'd make a few simple skirts to go with them. 2 down and (at least) 3 more to go.
I now realize that I have way too many projects going at one time, but that's the fun part! There's no way they'll all fit in this post so be on the lookout for part two tomorrow. That is, unless I'm actually too busy working on my To-Do List to talk about it.