How to Make Bad (and eventually good) Art:
1. Show up. You have to get started to accomplish anything at all. This is quite literally half the battle.
2. Give yourself permission to make something ugly.
4. Have fun with your art. Experiment, play, rediscover the childlike joy of making a mess.
5. Expect that the voices of doubt and fear will come but refuse to listen to them.
6. Embrace failure as evidence that you are done sitting on the sidelines.
7. Surround yourself with people who support your creative pursuits and inspire you to grow. Limit or eliminate time with negative people who drain you of creativity.
And for tomorrow: How to kill your innate creativity.