There are more goodies up in the Etsy shop today. New asymmetrical earrings, a patchwork tote, and patchwork pouches that I just can't get enough of.
I had so much fun with these larger sized pouches. So many possibilities. Next I want to make one for my art journal, some pens, and alphabet stamps. Then I can just grab it and stuff it in my big bag as I walk out the door for an artist date. Each pouch is, of course, one of a kind with a beaded zipper pull and twill loop for hanging onto or hanging up. Actually, I just thought they looked cuter with the loop, but it can be functional, too. And do you need some ideas for what to carry in your patchwork pouch? Look no further:
- cosmetics or jewelry for traveling
- anything that you want to keep from getting lost at the bottom of your purse
- a sewing kit
- sunglasses and sunscreen
- an emergency snack
- secret chocolate stash
- stamps and letters to friends (or bills, but that's not as much fun)
- diapers and wipes
- treasures picked up on your nature walk
- travel tissues and chewing gum (Don't you hate it when the gum falls out into the bottom of your purse and the paper opens just enough to embed ambiguous purse debris into the last piece of desperately needed gum?)
- feminine hygiene products (...heehee, snicker...)
- a new Sudoku book and several sharp pencils
- photos of the people you love
If you are into unusual bags and purses, check out the newest issue of Haute Handbags, available April 1st. I got my copy in advance because one of my patchwork totes was included in the Gallery. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. You definitely want to take a look at this one, though. So many amazing creations!