Well, all of my jewelry is now up at my Etsy Shop. It took me over three hours just to upload everything and type descriptions, but it's done and now I am working on some fabric pieces for another shop update next week-ish.
Maybe the three hours to upload jewelry wouldn't have seemed like such hard work if I hadn't been spending so much time on the computer lately. I mean, I always spend too much time on the computer but this week I've really felt it. Oh, but I have discovered some wonderful things, though!! The next best thing is just one more click away. Just one more link and then I'll feed the kids/finish sewing/load the dishwasher/eat lunch/buy groceries, etc., etc. Just in case you have some free time on your hands, here are a few things I've discovered recently:
- Fred Flare's Next Big Thing Contest. Open to all crafters, designers & artists to submit their creations as the next best thing that everyone will want to have once they see it. 27 winners. Big exposure & a chance at $1,000. The only thing that choked me a little was that they ask, whatever you submit, you need to be able to make 20-200 of them within about a 2 week turn around. I'm not quite ready for that yet, but I can't wait to see what else is submitted!
- I could spend waaaayyyy too much time over here. People are so funny. Let's just keep it at that.
- Bead For Life - supporting women of Uganda by selling their handmade jewelry and beads. I love that art can be such a connector, not just a source of money--which is greatly needed--but also giving joy through the act of creating and receiving handmade things. Brilliant idea.
- Sally Turlington's very cool mixed media 2007 calendar you can download and print for free! Get it here.
- Jody McGill's exquisite jewelry. I love the magic she works with the vintage filigree.
- And these (click on the ivory swatch) worn over the heels and with the red sandals...super cute!
Have a great weekend!